Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Gonna take pollution down to zero!


Everyone's favorite eco-hero is back! According to an industry newsletter, in celebration of Earth Day, Boomerang is going to show a marathon of 13 previously unseen"Captain Planet" episodes on April 22, 7:30-11:30 a.m. Awesome! I can't wait to see the Planeteers use their crazy rings to conjure Captain Planet so he can fight 13 new evil polluters.

Okay, truth be told, I'm probably not going to watch. Earth Day is a Saturday, and I have friends visiting from out of town. Yes, theoretically, I could record the marathon on my beloved DVR, but I don't have that kind of space! Still, I'm glad to hear this news; I used to love "Captain Planet," and I hope that a new generation of kids will discover the power behind Earth, Fire, Water, Wind, and Heart.

Although, while we're being honest, I didn't even know Boomerang existed. But I'm guessing that cartoon-loving kids probably do. It's a shame I didn't learn about this channel earlier, though, because in addition to "Captain Planet," they also show "The Snorks"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home