Monday, September 18, 2006

Yes and No

Tonight's season premiere of "How I Met Your Mother" = awesome. Not the full-on powerhouse that it was last season (except for the unfortunate episode where Barney tricked Ted into thinking his date was a hooker), but still awesome.

Tonight's series premiere of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" = not awesome. It was smart, of course, but felt cold and empty. I'm sure that my disappointment was inevitable because of the sheer height of my expectations. I don't know, maybe it's just too soon to ask me to let go of "The West Wing." With that in mind, I'll withhold judgment for now. Perhaps, like Marshall, I simply need some time to heal, move on, and make some pancakes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didn't like studio 60? i thought it was quite lovely! not so enthused about how i met your mother, although i wasn't a devotee last season either.

i hope some of the new sitcoms this season grab hold of an audience. i'm getting sick of reality tv. watched "the class" last night, which was bad and too obvious, but looks like it could grow into something cute. i enjoyed "happy hour" on fox for its snarkiness, but other than that it's kinda lame...

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home