Sunday, January 28, 2007

Did you know...? Because I sure didn't!

I like to think of myself as an observant person, but apparently I've been remiss on two TV-related items, which positively floored me when I finally realized the truth:

1) I've been watching "Top Chef" all season, but it wasn't until this weekend that I noticed that Cliff is only 28 years old. Did you know that? Because I sure didn't! I always thought that he was older, by about a decade. I guess he just seems like a big, solid, self-possessed guy and I couldn't imagine a dude around my age possessing those qualities. Whoops.

2) Have you seen that Olive Garden commercial where the woman enters the restaurant claiming to be meeting a date but then describes her young son? Well, I've seen that commercial about a million times* but it took maybe 999,999 viewings before I finally realized that the hostess who greets the woman is played by none other than Becki Newton, who does an awesome job playing Amanda on my beloved "Ugly Betty". Did you know that? Because I sure didn't! It must be strange for her to have a starring role on a hit show while that Olive Garden commercial is still running. Note to self: Next time I watch "Ugly Betty," I should pay attention to the commercials I zoom past on my DVR; I wonder if the Olive Garden commercial ever plays during that timeslot. It sure seems to play all the rest of the time. Enough already! We get it — soup, salad, breadsticks. We get it!


*only a slight exaggeration

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i fink becki newton is so fit. from bradders in england

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG--I thought I was the only one! I ask people who watch Ugly Betty and they're all like "noooo" and I'm like "yesssss!" Finally, someone who knows. Thank you. I will be referring people to your blog now...

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home