Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hello and Goodbye


Wow, it's been a long time since my last post. One reason is that I was back at my parents' house for the holidays and therefore TV-less for a large part of the last few weeks. The other reason is that I'm lazy. But don't worry, oh single loyal reader, because I have not foresaken this blog. Hence the "Hello" in my post title. Hello, I'm back!

The "Goodbye" in my post title, alas, is my farewell to "The OC," which Fox has recently canceled. I'm very sad to see the show go. Yes, it really went downhill over the last year or so, but it's been recovering its game recently, and I was looking forward to seeing it regain its footing and go back to delighting me as much as it did in its first season. Take tonight's episode, for example. If you didn't guffaw happily like I did when Ryan made a funny face and nodded knowingly at his girlfriend's French ex-husband, then you just have no funny bone. Sure, it was just one moment among many bland ones, but it was a step.

However, now Fox has nipped my hope in the bud, and I am not happy about it. Damn you, Fox! Isn't it bad enough that you poison the airwaves with your unfair, unbalanced news coverage? Now you have to go and take away the one quality show on your network? (Yeah, I don't watch "24.") Thanks for nothing!

Then again, at least Fox isn't the home of the new reality show "Armed & Famous." That's the one where LaToya Jackson, Jack Osbourne, Erik Estrada, and other so-called "celebrities" become actual law enforcement officers in Indiana. My God, CBS, what are you doing? And why? WHY?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home