Saturday, November 25, 2006

So deprived... Must have DVR...

Although I enjoy traveling to my parents' house for Thanksgiving week, one of the downsides is that they do not have cable TV. In fact, they don't have very good reception for the standard channels either. (And after an affiliate scuffle a few years ago, they didn't even have NBC until the reach from the tower was improved about a month ago.)

So in order to keep up with all my favorite shows, I am relying on my beloved DVR back in New York. But given that I fill up my 35-hour allotment with many a movie that I never get around to seeing, I'm always worried that I'm going to run out of space and that unseen shows will start recording over one another. It's happened before — luckily only to "Gilmore Girls" re-runs that I had already seen.

If Time Warner could somehow set up DVR so that I could control it remotely, I would be willing to pay a little bit more. I think other TV-philes would too. Wouldn't you love the option of DVR Plus with remote management as one of the features? The others could be an increased recording time maximum and/or ability to transfer recorded material directly onto DVD. It's a cash cow, people! Pure TV genius. Are you listening to me, Time Warner?

(Now that I think about it, are these features that Tivo already offers? Or one of the other DVR-like products? I should probably do a little research before I publish this post, but I'm too lazy. Surprise.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home