Thursday, June 29, 2006

I've fallen for "Windfall" -- much to my chagrin

I can't believe it. "Windfall" actually has me hooked.

I tuned in to the pilot because of all the hype, but it was so bad that I ended up turning it off partway through. The next week, I happened to catch the tail end of the episode when I turned on the TV; of course, the previews of the upcoming episode intrigued me, so I purposefully watched it the next week. But once again, I couldn't stand to make it all the way through and ended up giving up three quarters of the way through.

And yet, today when I saw a commercial for it earlier in the evening, I couldn't resist — I programmed my DVR to record tonight's episode. And in pressing the buttons on my remote, something clicked. I finally came to terms with the fact that I enjoy "Windfall." Even if the show is sometimes so painfully poor that I turn it off in disgust, I just keep coming back for more. And the act of programming the recording into my DVR was proof that I could not deny.

So what did I do next? Changed the programming to record not just tonight's episode but the entire series. My God, what have I come to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home